NHS Or Private Facility?
For most people give the first hand choice to the private residential rehab treatment centres. Within just 24 hours admission can be scheduled. Admission into private rehab treatment program is made easy depending on the mode of payment through available funds from individual or insurance policy cover. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
Who Can Apply With The NHS For Treatment Funding?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You may have to prove that you have explored local community-based treatment options first in order to qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehab clinic. Residential admission process could take several weeks to go through pending funding approval by local addiction team to enter NHS residential rehabilitation treatment program.
You can be referred to your nearest drug and alcohol action team by your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Treatment Plan are Flexible
- Admission speed - sometimes as fast as 24 hours;
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- So that patients can focus on recovery we will take place in a safe environment away from temptations and worries.
- Healing occurs in persons with shared goals between professionals and patients in the program.
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Art therapy, equine therapy, fitness, gym and other correlative therapies are usually available;
- Aftercare programme;
- More expensive than rehab on the NHS.
- Not covered by medical insurance in some cases.
Rehabilitation of NHS
- Free of charge;
- Everyone is eligible;
- It is near to your home, family and local community;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Won't not be referred to private recovery;
- Different treatments might be provided at various clinics/facilities;
- Therapy may be interrupted by life distractions and easily obtainable drugs and alcohol;
- Limited access to the personal counsellor;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Creating an outpatient support network might be more difficult.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Alternative Cross Border Treatment
Organising admission to a private rehabilitation facility may take months and results are far from certain if you do it through the UK NHS of local addiction services. But it is easy related to above case to achieve quick access to finance through EU cross border healthcare directives.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Alcohol Rehab Peterborough site.