What Is Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential therapies are hands-on, connecting with exercises that help recouping addicts process and adapt to past injury.
The regular environment of a therapist may be difficult to some addicts and they don't find it easy to talk. Exploratory treatments place recuperating users in the settings wherein they could feel at ease, like in the open area or in a workshop or recording studio.
Experimential therapy utilizes non traditional treatment settings to help addicts work through stifled sentiments and feelings.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Ropes courses
- Music therapy
- Adventure based therapy
- Game therapy
- Adventure based counselling
Hidden feelings and disturbances are hard to process, so the experimential therapy allow the addict to become more conscious about what he or she have on the inside to handle these emotions in a good way. By exploratory treatment, a recuperating user would know how to deal with such problem with no need to resort to narcotics for a diversion.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Experimential Therapy Utilised For Addiction Treatment
Rock climbing and hiking are physically demanding activities, however, they have the ability to stimulate the stress of the real world for recovering addicts to overcome their habits. Exploratory treatment could educate recuperating users on how to manage daily pressures such as urges as well as addiction provocations.
Many mental health problems that may be hiding behind the addiction can also be treated with the help of experimential therapy. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Experimential Therapy Methods
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
The recovering addicts will be able to let their guard down during experimential therapy, which will allow for an accurate evaluation with the patient for the therapists also to deal with the mental healing for addicts.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- Feelings of despair
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD]
Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments Together
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. The activities allow recovering addicts to apply the skills of life which they are taught during sessions of psychotherapy in practical and hands-on environments.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. When going through detox there are the alternatives to inpatient and outpatient treatments to make easier this whole process. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
To build an in depth rehabilitation scheme for recuperating users, exploratory treatment is frequently applied together with customary rehabilitation methods.
Experimential Therapy Common Techniques Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- EAP can help recouping addicts prepare negative emotions or injuries they may not generally perceive or address.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Therapist drive the movement of the eyes of the addicts to help them identifying their hard experiences, this is EMDR.
- With the help of EMDR, many patients have successfully dealt with negative feelings that usually lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- This therapy comprises of outside exercises, for example, climbing, outdoors, biking, shake climbing or white-water rafting.
- Experience therapy helps recuperating addicts create moral duty, relational abilities and critical thinking aptitudes while working inside a gathering setting.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- Art therapy offers the addicts an effective way to release the negative feelings through the creation of artistic work.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Some medication recovery focuses have some expertise in experimential therapies, with obstruction courses, shake climbing dividers and craftsmanship studios on their premises. Treatment centres throughout the country have the resources both medical and therapeutic which you need to overcome drug addiction call us on 0800 246 1509.