Defining Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. The body, spirit and mind are also comprehensively used in this technique to help cure an addition.
Checking the diet and regular exercises with reflections are used to achieve the positive effects of holistic therapy.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Guided meditation
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Healthy nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Promoting physical fitness
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Reducing the appeal of drugs and/or alcohol abuse
Types Of Holistic Dependency Therapies
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Some Holistic therapies include
- One of the key aspects of addiction recovery is a healthy body.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Traditional treatment methods that are usually included in holistic treatment programs include
- Detoxification program with medical supervision
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Personal psychological support
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. The philosophy behind holistic therapy is simple. It aims to locate and maintain a balance in all aspects of life and is compatible with various addiction treatment methods. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. Relapse can sometimes be easily avoided if a person knows how to deal with emotional problems.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Call us now on 0800 246 1509 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.