Allowable Things To Bring Inside The Treatment Facility
Rehab treatment centres permit certain things and prohibit certain items; you should know the policy of your rehab treatment facility beforehand.
Rehab centres have various policies, which are strict about what you can bring with you during the treatment. A recommended packing list is provided by most centres, which also provide you with a list of items that are prohibited.
The admission process begins as soon as you check in. The staff will carefully check your belonging to ensure you are not carrying any banned substance or item with you. A checklist is provided by some clinics to make sure no items are forgot once treatment is over.
Some are only allowing bare necessities into the facility. However, each rehab has its own conditions on what they allow and what is not allowed.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
How To Find Information About What To Bring
The rehab will always notify you of all the items that are not allowed in their facility. Search for the FAQ page if that section is not present. Although not all centres offer a checklist, some provide the patient in order to prepare them prior to admission. If you are still unable to find the information required you are advised to contact the admissions office of the rehab. They will be able to provide you all the answers to any questions you may have about what you can bring. If you have any doubts you will find all the answers and explanations before your admission.
Items Most Recommended By Rehab Centres To Bring With You
The list varies from centre to centre.
Below are some items that are most recommended
- The contact details of the people close to the patient.
- You are also allowed to carry the jewellery which is used regularly and is considered as a necessity like your wedding rings or a watch.
- Except for the above you are advised to leave all valuables at home.
- An alarm clock without a radio.
- Some centres are known to supply these items, and therefore, it would be better to verify this particular item before venturing out into the market to purchase them.
- You can also carry any prescription medications which you are presently using provided that they are in their original pharmacy bottle, and the original information from the label is intact.
- If you are taking a liquid drug, the bottle must be sealed.
- You are also allowed to carry a list of all your medications along with the dosages required.
- A bit of cash (from £50 to £100 in small bills for store runs, vending machine, etc.)
- Your check book, credit card and debit card for the payment of treatment medications are also allowed.
- Bring along your insurance card as well as documents needed for personal identity verification.
- A phone card (when your clinic needs them for international phone calls).
- A notebook or a journal.
- Stamps and envelopes for mailing letters if you wish to.
- Photos of your family members and friends.
- Most rehabs provide inpatients with books and magazines to read.
- Reading material you want to bring have to be about retrieval, self- help or spiritually focused.
- ADVISE Paperback books are more convenient than hardcovers.
What Clothing You Can Carry
Most centres for rehab adhere to a strict dress code, and therefore, it is essential for you to be aware about any restrictions, which may apply during the packing. In case you are not aware about how the weather will be like, carry some summer as well as winter clothes with you.
Bear in mind that the space within your room could be limited, and therefore, you are advised not to over pack.
Patients enjoy access to common laundry machines and therefore clothing that will last you for 7-10 days will be more than enough. Clothes that are easily cleaned are the best to carry.
Ensure that you bring following clothes and items that will make your week comfortable
- Shoes Bring the shoes that you feel comfortable in .
- Shirts You need to make sure you bring the shirts that are allowed in that facility, tank tops need to be accompanied by cardigans.
- Shorts They have to be long enough to comply with the clinic's dress code.
- Dressy outfits for special occasions like the family night will also be useful.
- Fresh and clean pairs of socks.
- A bathing suit a one piece for women and trunks for men.
- A coat/jacket.
- A bath robe.
- A belt, if needed.
- Caps or hats, although they may not be allowed indoors.
Hygiene And Cosmetic Products You Should Bring
Majority of rehabs allow only alcohol-free hygiene and cosmetic products. While other centres may allow you to bring products with alcohol component as long as it is not listed as one of the top three ingredients. Aerosols are not allowed
These toiletries and personal products should be enough you to last thirty days especially
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Hair styling spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream
- Body lotion
Items That Are Prohibited In Rehab
All rehabs have strict rules and do not allow certain prohibited items within the centres. The prohibited items are not allowed to keep you safe and on the path of recovery The names of items in the prohibited items list vary from facility to facility; however nearly every centre prohibits these
- Drugs and booze
- Opiates and other medicines
- Sharp objects and weapons
- Materials with sexual content
- Food and drink
- Alcohol based toiletries and personal effects
- Unapproved or previously opened OTC medications.
- Nail products
- Movie DVDs and games
- Sporting equipment
- Skimpy clothes
- Body sprays with strong cents
- Ammonia, bleach, and other stuff used in cleaning
- Any forms of electronic equipment.
- Games and playing cards
- Incense or candles
- Statement shirts with explicit or statements in reference to drugs, violence or substance abuse
Playing cards, games and movies may be surprising contrabands for you but rules are rules. Retrieval will be better off without such distractions. At times, your centre will provide these items
Most centres don't encourage consumption of too much caffeine and sugar, and that's why outside food and drinks are prohibited. You will be given three meals per day, snacks, and drinks You will have to inform the centre if you have any special dietary requirements or allergies.
These Items Are Allowed By Some But Prohibited By Others
There are clinics that may permit items that are forbidden in others as every centre has its regulations. A lot of things are off limits in nearly all centres, but these items might be allowed in some
- Your Laptop and Smartphone
- The laptops and pcs are restricted in some places while allowed in others depending on the rehabs policies.
- Just don't forget to take the charger with you.
- Some facilities will allow you to bring in cigarettes if you are a smoker.
- Although you have this privilege, you are limited to a number of specified quantities allowed.
- Vitamins and Over-The-Counter Medications
- OTC medications should be brand new.
- It must be unopened and sealed.
- MP3 Player or CD Player
- Devices without speakers or Internet access may be allowed by some centres.
- Shutterbugs can rest assured that some centres will allow cameras that are not Internet capable.
- Disposable Razor or Electric Razor
- This though is largely not admitted in most centres.
- The rehab you check in might allow some type of shaving equipment.
- Nail Clippers
- It depends with the requirement in the facility.
- Additional Items
- You could be allowed to bring in your own bedding, pillows and some other stuff to make your room more comfortable.
- Don't pack any of these objects without contacting your clinic first.
Will I Retrieve Forbidden Items That I Accidently Take To The Clinic
Don't freak out if you bring along something forbidden after you get to the clinic. You close relative will be advised to go back with these items. Someone you trust can also come to pick them up from the facility. Your objects can be kept at the centre until you finish your therapy.
If you are traveling from a distant location and are arriving by air it is likely that you will not have a loved one with you during the admission to take the prohibited items back. We highly recommend that you consult and clarify with the rehab centre first about their policies and other things of concern. You will wish to have back your forbidden objects packed by error. In case the centre doesn't store them, request them to send the items to your home address.
Packing For Rehabilitation Can Be Easy Read and stick to the policies of your centre; in case of a doubt, call them up. Look for a packing checklist on the website of the rehab will make the process of packing even easier. Follow the general rule and try to pack light to keep it down to the necessities.
Act Now For Help
Every reputable centre gives permission to its patients to bring with them things which will help them to stay comfortably inside the facility. Talk to our experts who can assist you in your goal of locating a suitable treatment centre.
We can help you find the best centre, call us today on 0800 246 1509.